The service from these folks keeps getting better. They were particularly accommodating of my need to have this order very urgently. Very friendly and helpful.
Blackmores Peritone assists in the prevention of constipation. It helps to relieve the symptoms of constipation and has a soothing and antispasmodic action on the digestive tract. Peritone does not cause the griping pain often associated with laxative use.
Features and benefits
* Combines laxative herbs with carminatives to prevent griping pain that is often associated with laxatives.
* Formulated for effective morning response to 'before bedtime dosage'. How it works Cape aloes and cascara are the laxative herbs in this formula. The active constituents of these herbs are anthraquinone glycosides.
These constituents stimulate peristalsis, which is the contraction of the smooth muscle of the bowel. This action promotes evacuation and thus helps to relieve constipation. Ginger, cardamom and peppermint are carminative herbs.
Carminatives help to relieve bloating (by expelling intestinal gas) and spasms, and so can help to relieve the discomfort associated with constipation. They can also help to avoid the griping pain that is often associated with laxative use.
Dosage Adults - Take 1 tablet with a full glass of water with main meal and 1 before bed, or as professionally prescribed. Children ﾖ Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Overuse may decrease absorption of nutrients and oral medications due to increased speed of transit through the intestines.
Active ingredients per tablet Aloe ferox (Cape Aloes) leaf inner juice powder 120 mg Rhamnus purshianus (Cascara) extract equivalent to dry bark 140 mg Zingiber officinale (Ginger) root powder 20 mg Elettaria cardamomum (Cardamom) fruit powder 5 mg Peppermint oil 300 mcg Medicine interactions
* Do not use during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
* Do not use if suffering from abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhoea or vomiting.
* Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems.
* If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
* Always read the label. Use only as directed.
* Overuse may lead to dependence and/or fluid and mineral depletion.